OSSO Research stem aims to stimulate a conversation between its associated researchers and the wider artistic and research community. This includes national and international project partners as well as resident researchers with a strong focus on practice-based approaches.
OSSO Research Residencies are a vital part of OSSO’s project, a wider programme which involves a range of artistic activities in conjunction with local, national and international partners. Through the research residencies, we aim to provide a space that encourages researchers from across all artistic practices to reflect and develop work related to a proposed theme. This theme will run on a biannual cycle. Each cycle will have a number of activities and outputs which will be documented on this page.
The theme for 2020-21 is Expansive Territories. During this cycle we will focus on the role the arts can play in articulating geographical, political and ecological perspectives, and their implications on the contemporary world. We will also explore how the notion of Territory encompasses physical, virtual, experiential, social and affective spaces, and contributes towards expanding artistic practices.
– Centro de Artes de Vanguardia La Neomudejar (LNM)
– Centro de Estudos de Sociologia e Estética Musical (CESEM)
– Centro de Estudos Humanísticos da Universidade do Minho (CEHUM)
– Centro de Investigação em Artes e Comunicação da Universidade do Algarve (CIAC)
– Sonic Arts Research Centre from Queen’s University Belfast (SARC)